Who We Are
Our experienced team is ready to assist you with your legal needs!
Ian S. Purvis, K.C.
(506) 325-3333 Ext. 5
I have been practicing law in Woodstock, NB for 42 years. During this time, I have represented many clients on a wide range of legal areas including, family law, corporate and commercial transactions, real estate, will and estates, and employment law. I have argued cases in front of all three levels of court in New Brunswick: Provincial Court, the Court of Queen’s Bench and at the Court of Appeal.
My current practice has been focused on complex family law cases involving non-marital property disputes and family businesses. I have gained particular knowledge and competence in representing clients who own successful businesses and are involved in complex entitlement issues. Additionally, my work focuses on complex financial transactions for successful businesses, including refinancing, sales, purchases and family rollovers. I also have an interest in elder law and assisting the “mature” person in recognizing the complexities that often exist in estate planning matters.
On a personal note, I live in Woodstock, NB with my wife. We are the parents of twin daughters; one resides in the Woodstock area and the other in Texas. When not at work, I enjoy watching sports, spending time at the lake, travelling, and trying to keep up with my grandchildren.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New Brunswick (1972);
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of New Brunswick (1969);
- Articled and practiced law with Paul B. Maddox in Woodstock, NB;
- Senior Partner, Crocco Hunter Purvis Depow (1979-2004);
- Sole practitioner (2004-2012);
Professional Memberships / Involvement
- Member, Financial & Consumer Services Commission, NB (2013-Present);
- Law Society of New Brunswick, Lawyers’ Fee Reviewing Officer (2011-present);
Timothy T. Culbert
(506) 325-3333 Ext. 6
People matter. One of the most rewarding parts of my work at Purvis Culbert Law is helping people from all walks of life to solve their problems and achieve their goals. I particularly enjoy family law, where clients come to me during one of the most difficult times in their lives. While providing compassionate services, my role is to present these clients with objective options and solutions to their concerns.Whether assisting clients with real estate transactions, family law disputes, wills and estate planning, corporate and commercial transactions, or employment law disputes, I strive to provide my clients with accessible and timely communications on the progress of their files.
I have appeared before the New Brunswick Provincial Court, Canada Labour Board, and the Court of Queen’s Bench.
On a personal note: I live in Woodstock, NB, with my wife, two children and two dogs, Trudeau and Chester. I spend my spare time with my family and friends, working hard to be a good dad and husband, playing music (guitar) and travelling.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New Brunswick (2011);
- Admitted to the New Brunswick Bar in 2012;
- Master of Arts Degree in Political Science , Wilfrid Laurier University (2005);
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, Saint Mary’s University (2003);
- Legislative intern for the Ontario Legislature (“Queen’s Park”) in Toronto, ON (2005).
- “Mental Health Law Reform for a New Government in New Brunswick” (2011) 62 University of New Brunswick Law Journal;
- “Lessons From My Father: The Personal Legacy of Harold Culbert, ” in Ageless NB, 2:3 (Fall 2013) 14.
Community and Volunteer Activities
- Treasurer, Woodstock Dog Park Association (May 2016-Present);
- President and Director, Woodstock Dog Park Association (February 2013-May 2014);
- President, Board of Directors, Greater Woodstock Chamber of Commerce (March 2014-March 2016);
- Member, Woodstock Rotary Club (2014-Present);
- Organizer, Mental Health and the Law Symposium at University of New Brunswick Law School – “Linking Minds for Justice”, February 2011;
- Mentor, OPAL Family Services, Fredericton NB (2010-2012);
- Peer Mentor for students with disabilities, Student Accessibility Centre, University of New Brunswick (2009-2012).
(506) 325-3333 Ext. 1
Sarah L. Fanjoy
(506) 325-3333 Ext. 2
Chief Therapy Officer / Office Dog